Friday 16 September 2011

Roald Dahl Nursery Day :-D

Roald Dahl, probably my all time favourite author. I remember my first book was probably Matilda and I read it and read it over and over again. I'm glad we celebrate such a well known and talented author. Not only has Roald Dahl written childrens novels, he has done short stories and adult books, even written screen plays for James Bond and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang creating the character 'The Child Catcher.(Although both these were re written later by other writers.)

Anyway, I was pretty pleased to see written on the board outside my daughters nursery on Wednesday that the children had to come in as a character from one of Roald Dahls' books or in the colour yellow (his favourite colour apparently).
I was bit 'Ah' at the idea, Your mind just seems to go into melt down. Cue Googling away for all sorts of images of characters and racking my brains thinking of the various items of clothing Little Miss may already own!!

In the end it was J who found a set of ladybug wings in a local RSPCA chairty shop, for £1. So that was it, she would be the Ladybird from James and the Giant Peach!
I made a pair of antennas out of pipe cleaners, pom poms and a black hair band (sadly was minus a red hat!) I even cut up a cushion cover to make a tiny hand bag (well impressed, hand sewn and all who would've thought?)

I may be biased, but i'd say Little Miss was the best dressed :0) Has the most imaginitive parents at any rate! And again, may be biased :) 

Sadly my camera packed in this morning, so no fabulous pictures of my darling daughter, but I can treat you to a lovely picture of me and Little Miss all face painted up!
 XXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment